Room to Learn, Play, and Grow
Taipei American School’s campus and facilities are a testament to our seven-decade tradition of redefining excellence. Every inch of our campus is designed according to our mission and vision to nurture students as they discover their interests and passions over time.
A Big Campus for Big Ideas
With over 15 acres of learning space to explore, students can find (and make) a place for themselves here.
- 250+ classrooms - including advanced scientific, robotics, and computer labs, and a lecture hall
- Five main buildings for the Lower School, Middle School, Upper School, Tech Cube, Arts Complex, West Campus Center, and Central Administration
- A dedicated arts center including classrooms, three dance studios, music practice and recording studios, visual arts studios, and three different theaters
- Three gymnasiums
- Covered and outdoor tennis courts
- All-weather running track
- Two outdoor athletic fields with artificial turf
- A dedicated golf center
- A 25-meter indoor swimming pool
- A health and wellness fitness facility with cardio and strength training equipment
- Complete athletic training facilities
- A four-story library, information commons, and media complex
- Four food service facilities including a cafeteria, pizza bar, snack bar, and fitness café
- Underground and above-ground parking lots
- Multiple courtyards for hosting student learning events and celebrations
Remember that buildings are only part of a school's campus. At TAS we have ample outdoor space for all of our learners to expand their learning opportunities.
If you think this building is impressive, just wait until you step inside! Modeled on a technology building at MIT, the Solomon Wong Tech Cube opened in 2017 and has been helping our Tigers prepare for their futures through advanced courses and training in all things science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics.
At TAS, we believe that every area of our campus should be designed to make living a healthy life as easy as possible. Our athletics facilities, including the Tiger Health and Wellness Center, are just one small part of that plan. We're so glad to see our Tigers finding ways to support their own well-being!
This is a rare sight at TAS: an empty theatrical space! TAS is proud of its dedicated arts center, including the black box theater pictured here and several other KA-12 performing arts spaces. Can you see yourself here taking a bow or cheering for your friends?
We love our Tiger athletes, and our campus is well-equipped to support 13 different sports across Grades 6-12. We hope to see you on our courts and fields soon!
Our students are passionate about renewable energy, and so are we. Our campus features both solar panels and wind power stations as we continue to research and find new ways to be good stewards of the world, in pursuit of our mission.
With a three-story library and media complex to support our bookworms, our Tigers can research and read about nearly anything they might want! Pro tip: be sure to submit a book recommendation to our expert librarian team, and they will make it a priority to purchase it for your Tiger bookworm.
Due to our island setting, we believe that swimming is an essential skill for all of our students, so much so that we have incorporated it into our curriculum and our campus. Find out more about our unique aquatics program here.