Middle School Library
The Taipei American School Middle School Library is designed to encourage students in their desire to learn, and to help students develop information skills needed for independent life-long learning. The MS Library is dedicated to helping students read independently for different purposes to comprehend a wide range of materials; the library provides opportunities for students to learn using books, on line databases, e-books, and media, and supports information literacy throughout the MS curriculum including research integrated into all aspects of the curriculum, citation, and bibliography.
Hours when school is in session:
Monday – Friday: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
MOST Saturdays: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (check the TAS calendar)
The MS Library Staff
- Mrs. Carol Youssif, Middle School Librarian- email@example.com
Your Library Card
- Your student ID serves as your library card. You must have your ID number to check out a book. To log into the online catalog, use your TAS network ID.
- Books circulate for three weeks.
- You are responsible for returning library materials on time.
- You are responsible for EVERYTHING checked out to your library card. Do not lend your card to someone else or check out books for a friend.
- The cost for lost items is equal to replacement plus an US$8.00 processing fee.
- If a book you are looking for is checked out, you may request a hold by clicking on "hold it" next to the title details in Destiny, our online catalog. You will then be notified when the book has been returned.
- Want a book we don't have? Talk to your librarian and she might be able to purchase it for the collection.
- We welcome your visits to the library! The library serves persons seeking information resources or services. Since a quiet library helps its visitors get lots done, we do our best to keep a "hushed" atmosphere. Therefore, anyone in the library for purposes other than for using its resources or for quiet study may be asked to leave.
- Do not bring food or drinks into the library.
- Computers are for school-related purposes only. We ask that no videos are watched here.