Middle School Library
Hours when school is in session:
Monday – Friday: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
MOST Saturdays: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (check the TAS calendar)
Summer Hours until the End of Summer School in the first week of July.
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Research has shown over and over again that an important element in the development of good readers and life-long learners comes from encouraging children to do independent reading. That entails allowing students to choose reading materials on their own and encouraging them to read simply for pleasure. Independent reading means reading for fun and for the quest for information; no report is required, nor a test for comprehension. Students who develop independent reading habits early are more likely to read more as they grow.
Study after study has shown consistently that independent reading improves growth in vocabulary, reading comprehension, and verbal fluency. Clearly, encouraging this activity is an easy and efficient way to help your child prepare for the next grade level at TAS. Summer is the perfect time to develop the independent reading habit.
Your Library Card
- Your student ID serves as your library card. You must have your ID number to check out a book. To log into the online catalog use your TAS network ID.
- Books circulate for three weeks. You may renew a book.
- You are responsible for returning library materials on time.
- You are responsible for EVERYTHING checked out to your library card. Do not lend your card to someone else or check out books for a friend.
- The cost for lost items is equal to replacement plus an US$8.00 processing fee.
Where is everything?
- Use the Library Catalog to find books with DestinyQuest.
- Third Floor: Middle School Fiction, Non-Fiction, and Periodicals
- Electronic Databases are accessed through the Middle School Library OLC.
Where can I get help?
- One of your best resources is your librarian! Ask the librarian for help in recommending or locating books and other resources.
- Visit the circulation desk if you have any questions about your library records.
- If a book you are looking for is checked out, you may request a hold by clicking on "hold it" next to the title details in Destiny, our online catalog. You will then be notified when the book has been returned.
- Want a book we don't have? Talk to your librarian and she might be able to purchase it for the collection.
- We welcome your visits to the library! The library serves persons seeking information resources or services. Since a quiet library helps its visitors get lots done, we do our best to keep a "hushed" atmosphere. Therefore, anyone in the library for purposes other than for using its resources or for quiet study may be asked to leave.
- Do not bring food or drinks into the library.
- Computers are for school-related purposes only. We ask that no videos are watched here.
- If you wish to listen to music while you work, you are required to use headphones.
The MS Library Staff
- Mrs. Carol Youssif, Middle School Librarian
- Ms. Anna Shiao, Library Assistant
- Ms. Naning Huang, Library Technician