Overview: Physical Education
The program is age-appropriate with carefully sequenced skill development in a spirit of cooperation to promote a lifetime of health and wellness.
Core Curriculum: Students in Kindergarten through Grade 5 study units in many areas, including manipulative and general movement, fitness, aquatics, and personal and social development.
Developmentally Appropriate and Sequenced Activities:
- Gymnastics: Rolling, tumbling, balancing, landing, climbing, flight
- Aquatics: Swimming
- Rhythm & Dance: Dance steps, movement to beat, jump rope
- Manipulative: Balls, beanbags, hoops, scooters, motor skills
- Cooperative Games: Problem solving, teamwork, challenges
- Fitness: Cardio-fitness, endurance, strength, flexibility
- Movement & Exploration: Personal space, body control, pathways, directions, levels