Preparing students to adapt and succeed anywhere in a rapidly changing world
On behalf of TAS, the Admissions Office welcomes you as you begin your application. We look forward to getting to know you and your family while we embark on your admission journey together.
Each year, Taipei American School receives more applications than space is available. For best consideration, the Admissions Office strongly encourages you to submit your application as early as possible or check with the Admissions Office about space availability.
The application opens on August 1 of the preceding academic year.
|School Year||Application Opens||Status|
|2020-2021||August 1, 2019||Closed|
|2021-2022||August 1, 2020||Open|
|2022-2023||August 1, 2021||Closed|
STEP 1: GET YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
If you are just starting out in the application process, you might like to learn more about Taipei American School. Connect with the Office of Admissions by submitting an inquiry.
STEP 2: SUBMIT AND FINALIZE YOUR APPLICATION
Eligible students are invited to submit an application and pay the non-refundable application fee. To be eligible for admission, your child must hold a foreign (non-ROC) passport and reside in the Republic of China with at least one parent or guardian. Passports obtained simply through business involvements with a foreign country will not be considered to support a student or parent's expatriate status at TAS.
After submitting your application and paying the application fee, you will have an account on our application portal and be connected with an Admissions Office representative who will guide you in finalizing your application.
Finalizing your application means submitting additional required documentation and preparing your application for review. Create an account to view your requirements listed on your application portal checklist.
Taipei American School reserves the right to require additional documentation it deems necessary to make an admission decision.
STEP 3: INTERVIEW
STEP 4: ADMISSION DECISIONS
All admissions decisions are made by the admissions committee in its sole discretion. When assessing the student's application, the admissions committee considers prior academic and behavioral records, English proficiency, possible need for additional support services, and whether the school's program and community would be a good fit for the child and their family.
Most Semester 1 admission decisions are communicated between March and May on a rolling basis. Most Semester 2 admissions decisions are communicated between mid-November to the end of December. If space is available for high priority applications, decisions may be communicated earlier.
If an applicant is qualified and space is available, a formal letter of acceptance will be sent that will provide information for registration and enrollment. Each year a few students are conditionally accepted.
B. Waiting Status
Qualified applicants are placed in a waiting status when there is no space available in the selected grade. Any students with an application on a waiting status in October will be invited to reapply for the next school year.
Students may be denied admission based on prior academic and behavioral records, English proficiency, possible need for additional support services, and whether the school's program and community would be a good fit for the child and their family. Denied students may not reapply for the same academic year.
- Q. When should I submit an application for admission?
- Q. Do I need to have all my application records complete before I send it in?
- Q. Are donations to TAS accepted in the year I have a child applying to TAS?
- Q. Must a student hold a valid foreign passport to enter the school?
- Q. Does the school accept all foreign passports?
- Q. Does the school offer a higher admissions priority to USA green-card holders (permanent residents) or for those who work for a USA based company?
- Q. If my child holds an American passport, will it increase his/her chances of admission?
- Q. Can my child attend TAS if he/she is not fluent in English?
- Q. When will I be informed of the school’s decision?
- Q. Is there any way to jump ahead on the waiting list?
- Q. When are students no longer accepted for a given school year?
- Q. Can we meet with a principal, teacher or counselor during our visit to the school?
- Q. Do you have boarding facilities?
- Q. My company has donated money to the School. Do children from my company have special priority?
- Q. Does my child need to be present the first day of school in order to enter TAS?
- Q. How do I find out more about the academic programs at TAS?
- Q. Do you have a question not covered here?