Thank you for your interest in becoming a TAS support staff member. Please complete and send a support staff application form (PDF file) and a letter of interest directly to the Human Resources Office.
We thank all interested parties for submitting applications. Due to the volume of submission, applications through other means will not be reviewed; only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The primary role of the IT Support Technician is to be responsible for performing tasks related to the repair, maintenance and testing of school owned portable assets i.e. laptops and iPads.
The position will play a key role to ensure the success of the support team and ensure uniformity of service delivery in the day to day operations that facilitate the use of laptops to enhance instruction, student learning and administrative operations.
- Supports the preventative maintenance program (documents in database) on the various laptop/mobile/desktop device pools to ensure system integrity and performance optimization.
- Tests, installs, deploys, updates and maintains software utilized for the various laptop/desktop/iPad pools.
- Maintains asset database for all TAS owned hardware documenting technical tasks, repairs and provides feedback to the IT team.
- Supports the creation, documentation, testing and maintenance of master images for TAS owned hardware (driven by Teaching & Learning needs).
- Collaborates with Helpdesk teams, IT support staff, IT coordinators and IT assistants to ensure that reliable systems are maintained.
Key Competencies and essential selection criteria:
- College or university graduated (IT related degree preferred)
- Four years successful work experience; two years’ experience in the service, maintenance and repair of windows, and /or Apple/PC and/or mobile devices
- MSCA Windows 10 (Solution Associate) or equivalent license required
- English and Mandarin fluency at an advanced level required
- Knowledge of Windows 10, Apple OS, and iOS operating systems
- Knowledge of current trends in hard disk image, application and patch deployment
- Ability to use good judgment independently
- Keen sense of responsibility
- Ability to organize and analyze complex tasks in a systematic manner
- Planning, organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills
- Ability to multitask and work in an environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to self-educate when formal instruction is not available
- Willingness to work additional hours
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels in both oral and written communications
- Strong customer service orientation. Ability to work independently on assigned responsibilities
- Ability to work in a dynamic team
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness
Assist head baker in food preparation, washing utensils and in any other areas where help is needed.
- Assist bakers with baked good prep work
- Assist in baker in preparing catering orders; ensure orders are processed in an accurate manner
- Assist with cleaning designated areas and utensils
- Five years of kitchen experience
- Mandarin fluency; Fluency in Taiwanese would be helpful
- Knowledgeable in sanitation
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Hardworking, ability to lift heavy objects when necessary
- Attention to detail, especially catering order content, order quality, food safety, food quality & sanitation
School Year Position (10-month position per School Year)
Working hours: 7:00 a.m. – 15:30 p.m.
To assist classroom teachers with the delivery of instruction and support classroom activities to ensure a well-run and well-managed classroom.
- Reinforce learning concepts in small group or individually in all academic areas as directed by lead teacher
- Prepare & distribute teaching materials/aides & equipment
- Organize & label materials, bulletin boards & displays of student work
- General duties to support an environment conducive to teaching & learning
- Provide additional assistance to language learners & students with specific learning needs as necessary
General duties and student support:
- Supervise students in classroom spaces, on field trips, at recess & in the cafeteria to ensure safety & well being
- Promote school values & rules to help teach acceptable behavior
- Meet with lead teachers & grade level counselors on a regular basis to discuss student behavior & social challenges
- Take daily attendance
- Supervise student bathroom & water breaks
- Assist teachers during emergency procedures
- Assist students who require additional help related to a health/physical disability ex. Wheelchair access
Divisional duties and support:
· Attend Divisional events & grade level meetings
· Other tasks, projects or initiatives as assigned by LS administration
- College graduate in early childhood education, elementary education, family studies or related field preferred
- Early childhood experience or three years fulltime working experience in a similar environment
- Strong English & Mandarin speaking skills
- Communication skills
- Technology skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of behavior management strategies effective for young children
- Enjoys working with children
- Ability to accomplish a variety of daily tasks/responsibilities in an efficient & effective manner
10-month position per school year
Working Hours: 07:00AM to 15:30PM
Expected starting date: August, 2019