Thank you for your interest in becoming a TAS support staff member. Please complete and send a support staff application form (PDF file) and a letter of interest directly to the Human Resources Office.
We thank all interested parties for submitting applications. Due to the volume of submission, applications through other means will not be reviewed; only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- SY1920 Maintenance Supervisor
- SY1920 Maintenance Secretary
- SY1920 Executive Chef
- SY1920 Upper School Library Service Technician
- SY1920 Middle School Tech Cube Assistant
Oversee the maintenance and upkeep of buildings, ground, and MEP & HVAC systems/equipment; supervise technicians to ensure required tasks are quickly and safely completed for school operational effectiveness.
- Design, update, modify, and implement a Maintenance Department master plan to conduct periodic preventative maintenance for the school facilities (including MEP and HVAC systems) and recommend improvements to enhance operational efficiency.
- Review work orders, prioritize maintenance requests, schedule workflow, assign projects to qualified technicians, supervise project progress, train and support technicians when required, liaise with vendors, and evaluate quality of work (in-house and outsourced) to ensure timely delivery of services and project resolutions.
- Develop, review, implement (including technician training), and enforce Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) which comply with legal codes, meet minimum performance and quality standards, and account for school plans to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Accomplish maintenance and organizational plans by insuring completion of tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Manager, Director of Facilities, or COO.
- Be an involved member of the Business & Operations Division by backing up the Maintenance Manager in his duties, providing reports and attending B&O Division meetings when necessary, fostering a positive attitude and insuring harmonious relations between the Maintenance Department and other Departments, and serving on the school crises ("emergency") planning & response team.
- Perform Technician III duties when necessary to ensure all maintenance tasks are completed in a timely manner and all Department requirements are fulfilled.
Key Competencies and essential selection criteria:
- College graduate. Majoring in engineering or architecture (construction) preferred
- Eight years of experience in a similar work environment with three years of supervisory experience
- Intermediate level of English. Mandarin fluency
- Required licenses & certifications: 1) Class A electrician license or equivalent; 2) Fire Safety Manager license; 3) Energy management license; 4) A or B type occupational health and safety manager certification
- Thorough Knowledge of fire codes, industrial safety requirements, energy usage and saving procedures, MEP and HVAC systems, architecture and engineering principals, and commercial construction regulations and techniques (materials, sourcing, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of commercial carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, welding, and painting techniques
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and AutoCAD)
- Ability to handle unexpected problems, concerns and challenging requests with effective problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Work Schedule: 07:30 AM to 16:00 PM
Responsible for operating/maintaining school maintenance request and secretarial tasks to maintain and manage the Maintenance Office.
- Provide administrative services to maintain smooth operation of maintenance department office, e.g. petty cash, office supplies, inventories, purchasing orders, filing system, reception duties, office duties, photocopying, translation etc.
- Manage and monitor department budget to ensure budget integrity. Review spending frequently and report department expenditures monthly.
- Process school-wide construction related and maintenance department purchase orders, prepare tender documents and support school-wide construction related tendering projects, monitor logistics of purchased products for Maintenance Supervisors to ensure the operation of school facilities and departments.
- Responsible as the primary contact anchor for all Maintenance Service Order related questions and issues.
- Operate and maintain school maintenance request system (FMX) to ensure its accurate data and to fulfill internal and external requests, including data input, filing, request/event orderliness and communication with all TAS community members.
- Schedule appointments, receive visitors, attend meetings, provide verbal or written translations, and compose and prepare confidential reports for Maintenance Supervisors to ensure effective schedule management and accurate effective communication.
- Coordinate and provision the maintenance projects for Maintenance Supervisors to ensure the effectiveness and to support.
- Support Taipei City Fire Department inspection documentation twice a year.
- Assist and prepare all HVAC system, gas utilization, power utilization, lighting fixture amount reports for Conservation Audit Technology Information Service for The Bureau of Energy, Ministry of Economic Affairs every year.
- Maintain the yearly schedule of weekend duty, holiday duty and emergency recall duty.
- Trouble shoot emergencies involving the physical plant.
- College graduated
- Three years in secretarial position, service-oriented positions and/or database maintenance related position
- Advanced level required in English and Mandarin
- Basic accounting skills using Excel or other programs to maintain office general expenses/budgetary monitoring
- Ability to work independently and make sound judgment as required
- Comprehensive skills of Microsoft operation system and Microsoft office suite
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational skills with attention to details and accuracy
- Knowledge of software and hardware on office equipment (printers, scanner, copier), and ability to learn new programs when required
- Time management, prioritization of tasks and multitasking
Working Hours: 08:00AM to 16:30PM
The Executive Chef's primary duty is to ensure that delicious, nutritious, quality food is available every day in the TAS cafeteria and Snack Bar, and to support TAS programs by ensuring in-house catering is correctly prepared and delivered on time.
- Develop menus and recipes focusing on nutrition, taste, and quality that satisfy the needs and preferences of the diverse TAS community.
- Direct kitchen food operations; manage and supervise chefs, cooks, bakers, and food handlers ensuring quality and enforcing HACCP protocols.
- Working with the TAS FSD Business Manager and Cafeteria Supervisor manage food and ingredient inventory by developing purchasing lists, ordering food, receiving and inspecting deliveries, organizing storage, and minimizing food waste.
- Direct kitchen cleaning operations (including dishwashing) and oversee implementation of food safety program and HACCP protocols.
- College degree or advanced certificate in Culinary Arts/Science, Baking Arts, or other culinary program
- At least 10 years in relevant field, including 3 years' experience directing large scale food preparation agency or commercial kitchen operations
- Native Chinese proficiency; Advanced English proficiency level
- Food Safety/HACCP Certification
- Proven experience and knowledge of large-scale food production techniques
- Menu and recipe development, understanding of basic nutrition
- Conflict resolution skills, flexibility with strong multi-tasking skills
- Highly effective planning, coordination and prioritizing skills
- Pressure management skills, contingency planning skills
- Physical fitness - able to lift/carry 25kg
10-month position every school year
Work Schedule: 07:00 AM to15:30 PM
This may be subject to change and schedule flexibility is expected per the catering orders/kitchen operation requirements. Must be able to work overtime as required and with flexibility to adjust work schedule to meet operational needs.
To assist the programs and services of the upper school library through: direct supervision of students with and without librarian or administrative support; organization and circulation of library materials; direct delivery of library services to patrons; development of print and digital marketing and communications; administrative duties related to daily operations and processes.
- Independently provide front-line services to all patrons, e.g., circulation of books and equipment, access to digital information, scheduling appointments & facilities, monitoring of student activity.
- Independently maintain technical and loaded content on digital information devices to ensure consistent access to information & library services, e.g., Kindle setups and circulation maintenance, iPad setups, configurations and daily downloads, Services forms, screensavers, etc.
- Independently receive and process patron-driven acquisitions (purchases) process, e.g., create request forms, source requests, report requests to librarian for approval, monitor and document acquisitions process.
- Independently main digital and print materials records, e.g., create detailed data record for each purchased item, enter data records in library management system, update data as needed, use data management software to assist with data management.
- Independently maintain web page, signage, and other user communications methods, e.g., update all resource communications regularly (web, CHA, CWA Bulletins, etc.), Create informational, directional, and marketing signage and newsfeeds for a variety of purposes.
- Independently and collaboratively create content to be communicated through current and emerging social and interactive technologies, e.g., Book-Cover Interactive screens, Libguides, Social Networking sites, etc.
Key Competencies and essential selection criteria:
- College graduate; Library Science Degree or Information Communication Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of two years successful work experience, especially in high service industry and/or working with young adults; experience with databases, digital design, and marketing a benefit
- Advanced English and Mandarin skills
- Outstanding Communication Skills and professionalism
- Attitude of Service and good Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications required. Additional design applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge of software and hardware on office equipment (printers, scanner, copier), and ability to solve the problems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions
- Creative mind/aptitude for effective marketing development
- Patience for and appreciation of change to keep pace with new technologies
- Initiative with creative ideas of how to market our resources and services
- Works well on a team: cross training, covering shifts, contribute to supportive environment
- Adapts well to changing environment and technologies
Work Schedule: 07:15 AM to 15:45 PM
08:45 AM to 17:15 PM
09:30 AM to 18:00 PM
Expected Starting Date: August 2019
To assist classroom teachers with the delivery of instruction and support classroom activities to ensure a well-run and well-managed classroom. To assist teachers and students with the use of the Tech Cube facilities and equipment/tools/machinery and provide administrative aide to support the delivery of STEM classes to ensure programs are well-run and student safety is well-managed in the Tech Cube.
Take responsibility in ensuring a well-run Tech Cube floor by:
- Oversee the repairing, cleaning and general state of all MS Tech Cube machinery (laser cutters, 3D printers, Shop Bot, mounted power tools, hand power tools and hand tools).
- Maintaining and organizing STEAM related supplies inventory.
- Maintaining, organizing, and restoring the MS Tech Cube Floor and liaising with vendors to facilitate equipment maintenance.
- Upholding and modeling all TAS/MS Tech Cube Safety Protocols.
Take responsibility in ensuring a well-run program by:
- Offering in-class support or small group supervision of students engaging in STEAM activities.
- Preparing materials, tools and classrooms for lessons and STEAM related clubs/events.
- Communicating with different departments within TAS as well as local/overseas vendors in order to prepare purchase orders to ensure MS STEAM needs (regular and special purchase) are met in a timely manner.
- Providing administrative support to STEAM Coordinator and Technology Design Coach in preparation of teaching materials, supplies and equipment for classes, clubs and other STEAM related events.
- Managing department petty cash.
- College graduate (in education, technical or design fields preferred)
- Experience with children in an educational or service setting, particularly art, design and other 3D creative fields preferred; at least two years’ work experience in a bilingual and or international environment is preferred
- Proficient in oral and written Mandarin. Excellent oral and written English
- Strong Maker skills- ability to thoughtfully use the tools within the Tech Cube
- Strong computer skills including using Microsoft Office, Power School, Cayin programs, Google Apps, Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D printer and CAD software, and the capability to learn specialized software/applications as required
- Knowledge of basic level science, technology, programming, engineering, construction and design concepts
- Desire to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently, anticipate challenges, make sound judgements, ask questions and respond appropriately
- Communication skills; strong interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to details; prioritization of tasks
- Accounting concept
- Adaptable to change and variety of tasks
- Energy level and fitness for moving and lifting materials
10-month position per school year
Working Hours: 07:30AM to 16:00PM
Expected starting date: August, 2019
Please complete and send a support staff application form (PDF file) and a letter of interest directly to the Human Resources Office.