Beliefs & Wellbeing Programs
Student well-being is at the heart of our educational approach. The School consults experts each year to ensure we offer your children the very best programs that support their wellbeing.
We encourage you to find out more about the following signature programs that set TAS apart from other Schools in our approach to supporting your child.
- Student well-being is at the heart of our educational approach.
- All students are deserving of a sense of belonging and connection.
- All students are capable of change and growth.
- Student success is individually defined and enhanced by one’s own unique strengths.
- It is essential to celebrate diversity in all its forms and to support our students’ development towards an awareness of their personal identities.
- Communication between home and school should be collaborative and ongoing.
The Well-being Committee adopted the CASEL Framework. This school year the committee will be working on sharing with families and caregivers the CASEL Framework and the CASEL SELect Programs we are implementing.
- Self-awareness: Understanding our emotions and thoughts, and how they influence our actions.
- Self-management: Managing one’s emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in different situations to achieve goals and aspirations.
- Social awareness: Understanding the perspectives of and empathizing with others, including those from diverse backgrounds.
- Relationship Skills: Establishing and maintaining healthy, supportive relationships and effectively navigating settings with diverse groups.
- Responsible decision-making: Making caring and constructive choices about personal behavior and social interactions across diverse situations.
The Wellbeing Committee developed a Vision Statement to guide our work:
We work collaboratively as a community to create learning experiences and a culture of well-being that promotes self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making. All students will participate in explicit social-emotional learning that ensures the development necessary to be thriving and caring members of any community.