The Upper School theater co-curricular program has three major components:
1) Main-stage productions offer students a chance to work with more intensive, longer productions. There is a full-length musical or play in October and an extended one-act in February for the Cultural Convention.
2) One-Act productions provide students opportunities to write, act, direct, and tech shorter shows in a more intimate venue:
- April (Fine Arts Festival)—Up to 10 extended One-Acts, directed and performed by experienced students
- An extended One-Act in February for the Cultural Convention
- Guest Artist Experience— One or two times a year, a professional actor/director will work with the students and at times, this will include a performance showcase of the work that is experienced with this particular guest artist.
3) Other supporting activities provide students with additional dramatic experiences:
- Theatersports is sponsored annually by the Thespian Society in September, providing chances for student teams to compete in several rounds of improvisational theatre.
- The Thespian Society is an international organization that recognizes student theatrical work and promotes theater within the school community.
- The Theater Guild is for all students wanting to be involved in the TAS theater community. This is a club that requires no commitment but still is connected to the Thespian Society.